vCIO - Virtual Chief Information Officer
A vCIO is a trusted partner to the senior leadership of a company providing insight into how implementing the right technology, at the right time, can help take a company to the next level. The vCIO role is ideal for companies of 25 to 500 employees that need the leadership of a CIO for a project or ongoing IT management without the expenses of a full time officer.
Planning and Advising
A vCIO is more than a technical expert. A vCIO has a broad range of business management skills including an understanding of operations, finance, and marketing.
To effectively help a company develop their technology roadmaps, the vCIO role must have an in-depth understanding of business in order to properly plan and manage the application of appropriate solutions.
- IT assessments and audit assistance from third party regulatory and compliance authorities
- Technology budget development and oversight
- Security policy development
- Immediate and long range strategic planning
Information Technology Management
Unlike traditional IT support, the vCIO role is a proactive resource, someone with an ear to the ground regarding a company's IT infrastructure or in-house IT support team. A vCIO combines business and leadership skills with technical acumen - this combination helps your company manage, grow, and mentor technical staff while also addressing technology-oriented business needs traditional IT engineers can't.
- Computer operations oversight and management
- Vendor management and contract negotiation
- IT staff oversight and coaching - develop IT staffing models and wage scales
- IT budget management and cost accounting
Are you going through a merger, acquisition, or asset sale? Often times the IT aspects including data ownership, social asset transfers, and transitional archiving are overlooked. We have the experience to assist during due diligence and post-deal transition which can greatly improve the success of these critical business projects.
- M&A or asset sale due diligence
- M&A or asset sale transition planning
- IT rightsizing projects to scale IT expenses to business finances
- Systems and application deployment project management